Old West Church
Founded in 1737, the historic Old West Church was a congregation committed to social activism, including the cause of abolition. Disbanded in 1887, the building then became a library branch. In the 1960s, it once again served a congregation after it was purchased by the Methodist Church. In 1971, the Old West Church was named a Historical Landmark. Later, the Metropolitan Community Church of Boston started conducting its services at the church.