October 15 - October 22, 2020
Table of Contents
- 20 Events in Boston to Explore
- 10 Family Friendly Events
- 10 Covid-19 Safe Events
- 10 Fall Friendly Events
20 Events to Explore
1. Boston Book Festival Online. October 14-25, 2020, recurs daily in the PM hours. Learn more about this week's guests.
2. Greenway Open Market. Grand opening October 17, 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM, lasts through October 31. Learn more at rosekennedygreenway.org.
3. Sunday Morning Yoga at the River with Malaika. October 18, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM. $12. Register on Msbonafidecreations.com.
4. 2020 Computational Data Neuroscience Symposium. Hosted online by Brigham Health/Harvard Computational Neuroscience Outcomes Center & Onnela Lab (HSPH). October 23, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Register for free on Eventbrite.
5. Farm Fresh Stand-up Comedy at Eastie Farm. Hosted by Like 2 Laugh Productions. October 15, 7:00 PM. Free admission, $10 recommended donation. Reserve your tickets on Eventbrite.
6. Hocus Pocus Themed Brunch at the Landsdowne Pub in Boston, MA. October 18, 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM. Trivia with a $500 gift card grand prize. Reserve a table for free on Eventbrite.
7. Adam Pendleton: Elements of Me exhibition hosted by the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. October 14 - November 15, 2020. Buy advance tickets on the IGM museum website.
8. Ocean Therapy Retreat with Toadstool Walks at Bell Isle Marsh hosted by Boston Harbor Now. October 17, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM. 18+ only, mask required. Buy your tickets on Eventbrite.
9. Community Unity Bazaar offered by Noble Academy PTO. October 17, 12:00 - 5:00 PM. Suggested $25 vendor donation. Read more on Eventbrite.
10. Brandy Around the World cocktail course by No. 9 Park. October 18, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM. Sign up while seats last on Eventbrite.
11. FABRIC 2020 - Fados, Fairies & Violas at Fall River City Hall in Fall River, MA. Five free international music performances. October 16 – 17, 8:30 PM – 11:00 PM. Learn about the artists on the program website.
12. Virtual Open Mic event organized by Club Passim. October 20, 7:00 PM. Sign up to attend or participate.
13. Head of The Charles Regatta 2020 (Global Remote Event). October 17 – 18, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM. Free. Learn more.
14. Davis Farmland's Corn Mega Maze 2020. Lasts through October 31. Saturdays from 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM, Sundays from 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Buy tickets in advance.
15. Fall Fun on the Farm at Powisset Farm in Dover, MA. October 18, 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM, lasts through November 8. $15 admission fee. Learn more.
16. Queer Heartache, a virtual slam poetry show by Kit Yan. October 16, 7:30 PM, lasts through November 27. $20/pay-what-you-wish. Register on the event website.
17. Riot Improv: Stories to Scenes hosted by MassMouth. October 17, 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM. Discover more about the comedy series here.
18. Yoga in the Beer Garden offered by Remnant Brewing Company in Somerville, MA. October 17, 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM. $10 admission fee. Learn more on Eventbrite.
19. Photowalks Beacon Hill Tour led by PhotoWalks. October 17, 10:15 AM - 11:45 AM. $40 for adults, $20 for youth. Grab your camera and book your tour!
20. Illusions: The Drag Brunch Show. October 18, 1:30 PM. $25 for general admission. Head over to Eventbrite for an afternoon of hilarious celebrity impersonations and dance routines.
10 Family Friendly Events
1. Monster Monstrosity! A Wire Sculpture Workshop hosted by Artisan’s Asylum, Inc. Semi-private course led by jewelry maker Isaac West. October 17, 1:00 – 3:00 PM. $10 materials fee. Book your reservation on Eventbrite.
2. Fall Fun & Music Fundraiser hosted by Compassionate Care Center. October 17, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM. $25 tickets, proceeds support Haitian orphans. Purchase tickets on Eventbrite.
3. The Gottabees’ 'ScreenPLAY!' Virtual Puppet Shows. Episode 2, Oct 16-17: Race Through the Snow. 10:30 AM or 4:00 PM. $15 household, $10 members. Sign up for interactive fun.
4. Halloween Town at Jam Time Natick. Grand opening October 17, 9 AM – 6 PM. Reserve your tickets now.
5. First-ever Jack O’Lantern’s Halloween South Boston Scavenger Hunt hosted by South Boston Chamber of Commerce. Lasts through October 30. Get ready to hunt for shamrocks by signing up here.
6. Tiny Cash Wrap Concerts – Rachel Summer at The Current hosted by Boston Seaport. October 22, 6:00 – 7:00 PM. Register for free on Eventbrite.
7. MasterChef Junior Live presented by Boston Theatre. October 17, 7:00 PM. Purchase tickets from $114.
8. Free Red Sox Virtual STEM Days. Lasts through October 28, available 24/7. Register now.
9. Oktoberfest 2020 at Bronwyn Restaurant in Somerville, MA. Lasts through October 25, 12:00 PM – 11:00 PM. Learn more about their German beers on tap here.
10. U. N. Fest - Fall Umbrella Ninja Festival (rescheduled) in Concord, MA at the Umbrella Arts Center. October 18, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM. Register today.
10 Events for Covid-19 Safe Events
1. Boston Palestine Film Festival (Virtual). October 16 – October 25, 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM. No cost. Learn more on the BPFF website.
2. Concord Festival of Authors (Virtual). October 16 – October 31, 12:00 PM – 9:00 PM. Read about the authors here.
3. Comedy Cafe: Jokes for a Cause presented by Somerville Community Baptist Church. Free virtual event. October 17, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM. Find out how to register.
4. Afro-Cuban Dance Class on Zoom, led by Jean Appolon Expressions. Lasts through October 27, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM. $15 admission fee. Sign up today.
5. BARCathon by Boston Animal Rescue Collaborative. Virtual 5K event for dog owners. Learn about conditions and prizes on the BARC website.
6. BSOatHome by the Boston Symphony Orchestra. October 14, recurring daily. Learn more about the BSO’s special performances here.
7. Blue Man Group at Home: Cirque Du Soleil 60-Minute Special. October 14, recurring daily. Watch for free here.
8. E.T. Drive-in at Medfield State Hospital. October 16, 7:00 PM – October 17, 10:00 PM. $60 per car. Purchase tickets.
9. CBC Fall Fest 2020, a social distance-compliant outdoor event by Cambridge Brewing Company. October 16, 4:00 PM – October 17, 11:30 PM. Pay as you go. Find out more information here.
10. Myofascial Release Workshop, a Livestream event with Dina Abbondante. October 18, 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM. $30 admission fee. Register today.
10 Fall Friendly Events
1. 1.5-Hour Ghosts and Gravestones Tour hosted by Getyourguide.com. Lasts through October 31. Reserve your tickets now.
2. Pumpkin Tours with the Animals at Unity Farm Sanctuary in Sherborn, MA. $10 admission fee, children 2 and under enter for free. Book your tour in advance.
3. Annual Camp Sunshine Pumpkin Festival Virtual Event Run/Walk/Roll. October 18 – October 26, recurring daily. Sign up here.
4. A day with Spirit and Safe, an oracle and mediumship reading event by Caitlin DuRoss in Norfolk, MA. $20 per 15-minute time slot. Book your reading on Eventbrite.
5. Grave Addiction: an evening walking tour through two Concord, MA cemeteries, presented by Concord Tour Company. Book online.
6. The Salem Wax Museum Frankenstein’s Castle and Haunted Witch Village in Salem, MA. Lasts through October 31. $10 admission fee, kid-friendly. Learn more.
7. 2020 - Mount RushGore Virtual 5k Halloween Run in Boston, sponsored by the Virtual Run Challenge. Lasts through November 14. $27-37 to register.
8. Savory Autumn Pies (Adult) class at Powisset Farm in Dover, MA. October 20, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM. $75, classes limited to 6. Book your reservation today.
9. Boston Public Market at Dewey Square on The Greenway. October 20, 11:30 AM – 6:30 PM. Free to enter. Learn more about market vendors and available products.
10. Gallows Hill Presents: The Lost Museum in Salem, MA. Lasts through October 31. $15+ admission fee. Grab your tickets for the part-haunted house, part-escape room attraction here.