October 1 - October 8, 2020
Table of Contents
- 10 Family Friendly Events
- Explore 20 Events in Boston
- 10 Covid-19 Safe Events
- 10 Fall Friendly Events
10 Family Friendly Events
1. Free First Thursdays at the Isabella Gardner Museum. October 1 from 3 to 9 p.m. (Visit the museum website for more information - masks required.)
2. Scouting About at Patriot Place by Two Patriot Place in Foxborough, MA. October 1 through 4 from 6:00 p.m. Buy tickets online.
3. Ghost Tour with Boston Ghosts. Tours open October 1 from 8:00 p.m. Reserve tickets ($19 each).
4. Legoland Discovery Center's grand reopening in Sommerville, MA. October 1 from 10:00 a.m. Purchase tickets here.
5. Urban Adventure Quest hosted by Citywide. Self-led expeditions are available starting October 1, all day. Learn more.
6. The Science Behind Pixar at the Museum of Science. Recurs daily from October 1. Book now.
7. Now Open: The USS Constitution Museum reopening. October 1 from 10:00 a.m. Reserve a tour.
8. Boston Lights: A Lantern Experience unveiling. October 1, 5:00 - 10:30 p.m. View more info on their website.
9. Free Zoom with the Puffins off the Coast of Maine by The Puffin Plan. October 7 from 5:00 - 5:45 p.m. Sign up here.
10. Parks Fitness: Family Fitness with Anthony. In-person event hosted by Boston Parks and Recreation. October 3 from 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Register here.
Explore 20 Events in Boston
1. Virtual Speed Dating (30+) hosted by Boston Single Mingle. October 4 from 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Purchase tickets through Eventbrite.
2. Boston Fashion Behind the Scenes, a virtual event hosted by Pete DJPJ Paraskevas. October 8 at 8:00 p.m. Register for free through Eventbrite.
3. Free Insta-worthy Mini Photo Sessions provided by Shoott Photography. October 3, times vary. Book now.
4. Parks fitness: Virtual chair yoga with Ivor. Virtual fitness class by Boston Parks and Recreation. October 1 from 11:00 - 12:00 p.m. Register here.
5. Free Virtual Event: An Evening Wind Down with Late Night Retreat. Hosted online by The Wellness Consortium. October 2 from 9:30 p.m. Grab your spot on Eventbrite.
6. A Night of Japanese Traditional Music with Master Kouzan Oyama of Shishido presented by the Japan Society of Boston on Zoom. October 5 from 7:30 - 8:30 p.m. Reserve free seats on Eventbrite.
7. Voice Boston: a So Good Sounds Series - Danny Rivera. Virtual event by lululemon Newbury St. studio. Virtual show. October 2 from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Tickets capped at $25 on Eventbrite.
8. Magic for Humans @HOME with Justin Willman. Virtual show. October 4 from 3:00 p.m. Get your seat here.
9. Field Guide to DIY Recording. Virtual event by Greg Lloyd x Sound Seeker Studio. October 2 from 9:00 - 10:00 p.m. Book here.
10. Wednesday "Socially Distant" Virtual Trivia hosted by Rob Peters Entertainment. October 7 from 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Make your reservation.
11. Trivia Night hosted by Boston By Foot. October 3 from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. Purchase tickets through Eventbrite.
12. Boston's Apollo: Thomas McKeller and John Singer Sargent at the Isabella Gardner Museum. Open through October 12. Learn more on the IBG website.
13. The Gottman Couples Weekend Workshop Boston. In-person event by Best Couples Workshop. October 3 - 4 starting at 9:00 a.m. Register here.
14. Thursday Wine Dinners at Catalyst in Cambridge, MA. Weekly from October 1. Book early!
15. Murals for the Movement at the Museum of Fine Arts. Available through October. Book your tickets.
16. 2020 DBco Oktoberfest by Dorchester Brewing Company. October 1 - October 3 from 11:30 a.m - 12:30 a.m. Enjoy delicious brews and snacks here.
17. Boston Harbor Sailing Cruises by Boston Harbor Sailing. Available through October. Reserve your cruise here.
18. Soul Food Fridays. Recurs every Friday in October. Sign up on Eventbrite.
19. Charlotte de Witte performs at The Grand Boston. October 8 at 10:00 p.m. Reserve tickets from $20 here.
20. Night Shift Brewing Oktoberfest by Night Shift Brewing in Everett, MA. October 3 from 12:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Find out more here.
10 Covid-19 Safe Events
1. Seaport Sweat 2020 virtual workout hosted by Boston Seaport instructors on Instagram live. October 2 all day. Visit their website and @seaportbros on IG for more information.
2. The Startup Community Way in Boston: A Conversation with Brad Feld. Virtual. October 8 at 6:00 p.m - October 7 at 7:00 p.m. Register for free through Eventbrite.
3. Writer-in-Residence Virtual Reading 2020. Performed by Autumn Allen and Shawna Thomas, hosted by Associates of the Boston Public Library. October 8 at 6:00 p.m. Register for free through Eventbrite.
4. Nuestras Raíces: A LatinX Heritage Month Virtual Concert streamed by the North End Music & Performing Arts Center. October 4 from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Visit the NEMPAC website.
5. Virtual Speed Networking hosted by Network Nite. October 7 from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. Sign up at Eventbrite.
6. City View Tour: The Best of Boston by Bike offered by Urban AdvenTours. Begins October 4 from 10:00 a.m.
7. Emerald Necklace Bicycle Tour offered by Urban AdvenTours. Begins October 4 from 10:00 a.m.
8. Online Art Collection & Art Talk presented by Rose Art Museum by the Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Greenway Conservancy. Available online all day beginning October 1.
9. 32nd Annual Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk. October 4 starting at 9:00 a.m. Register here.
10. Browse Open Air Studios set up by Porter Mill. October 4 from 12:00 - 4:00 p.m. Learn more.
10 Fall Friendly Events
1. Harpoon Dogtober Fest. Virtual event. October 3 from 9:00 a.m. Register you and your furry friend here.
2. The Salem Witch Trials 1692 exhibition at the Peabody Essex Museum. Available through spring 2021. Find out more information here.
3. Boston's Latin Quarter Art Walk at Jackson Square MBTA Station. Available through October 15 starting at 8:00 a.m. Sign up.
4. Ride the Greenway Carousel. Opens October 2 from 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Learn more here.
5. SoWa Open Market. Opens October 4. Learn more here.
6. Dedham Farmers Market. Open through October from 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Visit their website here.
7. One Team Scavenger Hunt Boston Commons by Puzzling Adventures. Tour available throughout October from 10:00 a.m. Book now.
8. Mushroom Hunting by Boston Outdoor School. October 4 from 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Book tickets from $60 on Eventbrite.
9. F. U. N. Fest - Fall Umbrella Ninja Festival by The Umbrella Arts Center. October 4 from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Book here.
10. Mr. Joy performance at Starlight Square. Free admission. October 1 - 3 at 7:30 p.m. Learn more here.